1 - MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS OF THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL AND THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA ON POLITICAL CONSULTATIONS
3 – MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE RIO BRANCO INSTITUTE OF THE MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS OF THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL AND THE DIPLOMATIC ACADEMY OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA ON MUTUAL COOPERATION ON TRAINING OF DIPLOMATS
The Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Albania (hereinafter referred to as "Parties"),
Guided by the principles of respect for sovereignty, equality and non-interference in internal affairs, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations;
Considering the benefits for both Parties of the establishment of political consultations and of the exchange of opinions, on different levels, on subjects of bilateral relations and regional and international issues of common interest,
Have reached the following understanding:
The Parties will organize, upon mutual agreement, regular meetings for political consultations on topics that fall within their scope according to their national legislation.
The meetings will take place alternately in Tirana and in Brasilia. The level of the delegations, the dates and the agenda of the meetings will be established through diplomatic channels.
The Parties may, upon mutual agreement, establish working groups or groups of experts for the exam of specific matters. When deemed convenient, the Parties may invite representatives from other governmental and non-governmental bodies or third parties to take part in such groups.
The Parties will stimulate the cooperation between their respective representatives in the context of international organizations and forums.
This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended or supplemented by mutual agreement of the Parties, which shall be arranged as separate Protocols and shall enter into force subject to the same requirements as this Memorandum of Understanding. These Protocols constitute integral parts of the present Memorandum of Understanding.
1. This Memorandum of Understanding shall come into force upon its signature and shall remain in force for a term of 5 (five) years, when it shall be automatically extended for further terms of 1 (one) year.
2. Any of the Parties may express, at any time, its intention to terminate this Memorandum of Understanding, through diplomatic channels. Termination shall be effective 6 (six) months after the date of notification.
Done in Brasilia, on 27th October, 2011, in two originals, each in the Portuguese, Albanian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation of this Memorandum of Understanding, the English text shall prevail.
The Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Albania (hereinafter referred to as the "Parties"),
Aiming to strengthen and develop economic relations between their countries,
Have agreed as follows:
1. The Parties will promote the development of mutually beneficial economic cooperation in accordance with their respective legislation.
2. Cooperation implemented under the present Memorandum of Understanding aims:
a) to use the economic potential of the Parties to strengthen bilateral economic relations; and
b) to intensify bilateral economic relations, namely in the trade, investment and innovation spheres.
1. Cooperation specified in Article 1 of this Memorandum of Understanding will be implemented as follows:
a) cooperation between economic organizations of the Parties;
b) launch and promotion of different forms of experience sharing in the economic and trade spheres, including exchange of experts and technical staff and organization of trainings; and
c) facilitation of participation in exhibitions and fairs, business missions and other trade promotion events organized on the territory of the Parties.
2. Cooperation between the Parties will not be limited to the forms specified in this Article and may also be implemented in other ways.
1. Relevant bodies of the Parties will promote the establishment and activity of representative offices, branches and subsidiaries of companies from one Party in the other Party.
2. The procedure for the establishment and implementation of activities of representative offices, branches and subsidiaries will be determined by the legislation of the Party on whose territory this organization carries out its activities.
1. Relevant bodies of the Parties will, in accordance with the legislation of each Party, exchange information related to:
a) legislation regarding conditions for economic activity, investments, technical requirements and conformity assessment procedures, issuance of licenses, permits, protection of industrial and intellectual property rights and other areas of common interest; and
b) activities aimed at strengthening relations between companies and business associations of the Parties, including organization of international exhibitions, fairs and business missions.
1. This Memorandum of Understanding will not lead either Party to take any action that is contrary to, or inconsistent with, its international obligations or its domestic legislation.
2. This Memorandum of Understanding does not involve any transfer of funds from one of the Parties to the other or any other activity that may represent a burden to their national treasuries beyond regular diplomatic and trade promotion activities.
3. This Memorandum will come into effect on the date of its signing and will remain valid indefinitely.
4. This Memorandum may be amended by mutual consent of the Parties through diplomatic channels.
5. Either Party may, at any time, notify the other, through diplomatic channels, of its decision to terminate this Memorandum. Termination will be effective ninety (90) days after the date of the notification.
6. Any dispute relating to the interpretation or implementation of this Memorandum will be settled through direct negotiation between the Parties.
Done at Brasilia, on 27th October 2011, in duplicate, in Portuguese, Albanian and English, all texts being equally valid. In case of divergence of interpretation, the English text will prevail.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE RIO BRANCO INSTITUTE OF THE MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS OF THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL AND THE DIPLOMATIC ACADEMY OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA ON MUTUAL COOPERATION ON TRAINING OF DIPLOMATS
The Rio Branco Institute of the Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil
The Diplomatic Academy of the Republic of Albania (hereinafter referred to as “Parties”);
Recognising the spirit of cooperation that exists between Brazil and Albania, and
Willing to promote closer collaboration on training of diplomats;
Have agreed to the following:
1. The objective of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to create conditions for maintaining regular contacts and promoting cooperation between the Parties.
2. The Parties will cooperate on exchange of information and experiences concerning their respective programmes of study and research, various courses, seminars and other academic, educational and training activities.
3. The Parties will promote contact and exchange of trainees, students, experts and researchers.
4. The Parties will encourage the study and research, as well as exchange of information on national and international publications, especially in areas of mutual interest.
5. The Parties will exchange information and views related to international trends and advances in training, study and research in diplomacy, foreign policy, international relations, international law, foreign economic relations, political science and other relevant areas, as well as tools related to e-learning.
6. The Parties may explore the possibilities of other forms of cooperation under the scope of objectives of this memorandum.
7. The Parties will decide, through the pertinent diplomatic channels, the specifics and logistics of every project they jointly undertake. For this purpose, protocols laying down the terms and conditions of the proposed exchanges will be concluded, if necessary.
8. This Memorandum will come into effect on the date of its signature and will continue to have effect for a period of three years. Thereafter, it may automatically be renewed for equal periods, unless terminated by any of the Parties by giving a written notice of ninety (90) days to the other Party prior to the date of termination of the Memorandum. The termination of this Memorandum will not affect ongoing projects.
9. This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended, at any time, by mutual consent of the Parties, through diplomatic channels.
10. Any dispute related to the interpretation of this Memorandum will be settled amicably by the Parties through diplomatic channels.
Done at Brasilia, on this 27th day of October, 2011, in two originals, in Portuguese, Albanian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic.
The Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Albania (hereinafter referred to as the “Parties”),
Desiring to strengthen the bonds of friendship and co-operation between the two countries;
Recognizing the need to safeguard the principle of reciprocity and to facilitate travels into each others territory by nationals of both countries,
Have agreed as follows:
1. Nationals of either Party, holders of a valid national passports, shall be exempt from visa requirements to enter, leave, transit through and stay in the territory of the State of the other Party for purposes of tourism and business for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days per one hundred and eighty (180) days, counted from the first entry.
2. The business purposes mentioned in this article shall mean attending business meetings, negotiating contracts, discussing projects, and other activities that do not characterize paid work or employment in the territory of the other Party.
3. Nationals of either Party, holders of a valid national passport, must obtain the appropriate visa according to the legislation of the other Party if they intend to stay in the territory of the other Party for a period exceeding ninety (90) days; or to hold any employment or paid work in the territory of the other party.
Nationals mentioned in this Agreement may enter, transit through and leave the territory of the other Party at all border-crossing points open to international passenger traffic.
1. Nationals of either Party shall comply with the laws and regulations in force in the territory of the other Party, during their stay.
2. The Parties shall, as soon as possible, mutually inform each other through diplomatic channels of any change in their respective laws and regulations concerning entry, transit, stay and departure of foreigners.
The Parties shall readmit their nationals into the territories of their respective States without any additional formalities or expenses.
This Agreement does not curtail the right of either Party to deny entry or to shorten the stay of citizens of the other Party considered undesirable.
1. The Parties shall exchange, through diplomatic channels, specimens of their valid passports, mentioned in this Agreement, no later than thirty (30) days after the date of signature of this Agreement.
2. In case of introduction of new passports or modification of the existing ones, the Parties shall convey to each other, through diplomatic channels, specimens of these passports, accompanied by detailed information on their specifications and applicability, not later than thirty (30) days prior to its application.
1. For reasons of security, public order or public health, either Party may suspend the application of this Agreement in whole or in part.
2. The suspension and its subsequent revocation shall be notified to the other Party through diplomatic channels at the earliest possible time.
1. This Agreement shall be valid for an indefinite period and shall enter into force thirty (30) days from the date of the second diplomatic note in which the Parties inform each other that the national legal requirements for entry into force of this Agreement have been met.
2. This Agreement may be amended by mutual consent between the Parties, formally expressed through diplomatic channels. Amendments shall enter into force in accordance with paragraph 1 of this article.
3. Each of the Parties may, at any time, denounce this Agreement through diplomatic channels. The denunciation shall be effective ninety (90) days after the date of the notification.
Done in Brasilia, on 27th October, 2011, in two original copies, in the Portuguese, Albanian and English languages, all of them being equally authentic. In case of any divergence of interpretation, the English version shall prevail.